If you’re like most people, you probably have a love-hate relationship with Snapchat. On one hand, it’s a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. On the other hand, it can be a huge time-waster.
If you’re interested in deactivating your Snapchat account, here’s a quick and easy guide.
How to deactivate your Snapchat account
If you’re done with Snapchat and are ready to move on, you can deactivate your account. This will prevent other users from finding you on the app and stop you from receiving notifications. To deactivate your Snapchat account:
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap the profile icon in the top-left corner.
2. Tap the gear icon to open your settings.
3. Scroll down and tap ‘Account Actions.’
4. Tap ‘Delete My Account.’
5. Enter your username and password when prompted.
6. Tap ‘Continue’ to confirm that you want to delete your account.
How to temporarily deactivate your Snapchat account
If you want to take a break from Snapchat but don’t want to delete your account, you can temporarily deactivate it. When you deactivate your account, your friends will no longer be able to contact or interact with you on Snapchat.
To deactivate your account:
1. Open the Snapchat app and log in.
2. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap “Account Actions.”
4. Tap “Delete My Account.”
5. Enter your password when prompted and tap “Continue.”
6. Select a reason for why you’re deleting your account and tap “Continue.”
7. Tap “Delete My Account” again to confirm that you want to deactivate your account.
How to log out of your Snapchat account
It’s easy to log out of your Snapchat account if you need to take a break or want to hand your phone off to someone else. Here’s how:
1. Open the Snapchat app and tap the Profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down and tap Log Out.
3. Tap Log Out again to confirm that you want to log out of your account.