Discord is a chat app with a following of millions of users. Joining a Discord server on mobile is easy and only takes a few seconds. Here’s how:
Joining a Discord server on mobile is easy! If you’ve been invited to a server, you should have received an invitation URL. Tapping on that URL will open Discord and ask if you want to join the server. If you don’t have an invitation URL, don’t worry, there are other ways to join a server.
If you know the name of the server you want to join, you can type it into the search bar at the top of the Discord home screen. Once you find the server, tap on it and then tap “Join.”
If you don’t know the name of the server but know someone who is already a member, ask them for an invitation link. Once you have the link, tap on it to join the server.
Discord servers are a great way to connect with people who share your interests. Joining a server is easy and only takes a few seconds!
Why use Discord?
Discord is a cross-platform VoIP and chat app for gamers that allows gamers to connect with each other for gaming purposes. It’s a great app for voice and text chat for gamers of all levels of experience, from the casual player who just wants to chat with friends during their next game, to the hardcore competitive player who wants to organize and manage their gaming sessions.
Discord also has awesome features like server and client voice chat, rich media voice and video support, dynamic server roles, centralized user settings, and more. You can use Discord on your mobile phone or desktop computer.
How to join a Discord server on mobile
Discord is a voice and text chat app designed for gamers that lets you easily find, join, and chat with friends. It’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Here’s how to join a Discord server on mobile:
1. Download the Discord app on your iOS or Android device.
2. Open the Discord app and sign in with your account information.
3. Tap the plus sign in the bottom-right corner of the screen to open the Add Server menu.
4. Select the Join a Server option.
5. Enter the server’s address in the box that appears, then tap Join Server.
How to join a Discord server on desktop
If you’re using a browser, like Chrome or Safari, you can join a server by visiting its invite link. Here’s how:
1. Tap or click the invite link, which will open in your browser. It’ll look something like this: discord.gg/example
2. Select JOIN SERVER. You may be prompted to select a region. This helps Discord determine the best server for you to connect to.
3. Once the server loads, you should see an entry screen. Type anything you want and press enter to continue.
How to join a Discord server using an invite link
Discord servers can be invite-only or public, and you can join them using either method. If the server is invite-only, you’ll need an invite link in order to join. Here’s how to do that:
1. Tap the plus sign (+) in the top left corner of the Discord home screen. This will open the Server Discovery screen.
2. On the Server Discovery screen, tap the “Invite Links” option.
3. On the Invite Links screen, tap on the invite link that you want to use to join the server.
4. Once you tap on the link, you’ll be taken to the server information screen. Tap on the “Join Server” button to join the server.
How to join a Discord server using a QR code
You can join a Discord server by using a QR code. To do this, you’ll need to have the Discord app on your mobile device. Once you have the app, open it and sign in with your account information.
Once you’re signed in, tap on the “+” icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. This will bring up a menu of options. Tap on “Join Server.”
This will bring up a new menu with a QR code in the middle. Tap on “Scan QR Code.”
Use your mobile device’s camera to scan the QR code. Once it’s scanned, you’ll be automatically added to the server.
How to join a Discord server using a server ID
If you have the server ID for a Discord server that you would like to join, you can do so by entering the ID into the Discord mobile app.
1. Launch the Discord mobile app.
2. Tap the plus icon in the bottom right of the main screen.
3. Tap “Join a Server.”
4. Enter the server ID for the Discord server that you would like to join and tap “Continue.”
5. Follow any further instructions that may be provided by the server administrator in order to finish joining the server.
How to join a Discord server using an IP address
If you want to join a Discord server that you know the IP address for, you can do so by entering the IP address into your browser’s URL bar.
You will then be taken to a page where you can enter your Discord username and password to log in. Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to join the server.
How to join a Discord server using a Steam group
If you’re a member of a Steam group, you can join their Discord server by clicking the link in the group’s sidebar.
If you’re not a member of a Steam group, you can join a Discord server by finding an invitation link on another website or from a friend. Once you have an invitation link, tap it to open it in your browser. From there, tap the “JOIN” button on the Discord servers page.