Discord is a popular social app for gamers. One of the features that sets it apart from its competitors is that users can opt to be ‘idle’ on the app. But what does this mean? Read on to find out!
When a user sets their Discord status to ‘idle,’ it means that they are not actively using the app. This is different from ‘offline,’ which indicates that the user is not logged into the app. ‘Idle’ simply means that the user is not currently active.
There are a few different reasons why someone might choose to set their Discord status to ‘idle.’ For example, they might be AFK (away from keyboard) or taking a break from the app. Or, they might just want to appear as if they are available, even though they are not currently using the app.
Whatever the reason, ‘idle’ is a useful option for those who want to appear as if they are available, without actually being online.
What does idle mean on discord?
When a Discord user is ‘idle,’ it means they are not actively using the app. This can mean they are away from their keyboard, or they are inactive on their current device. If a user is idle for more than half an hour, their status will automatically be set to ‘idle.’
How to set idle time on discord
If you’ve ever wondered what ‘idle’ means on Discord, wonder no more! Here’s a quick guide on how to set your idle time on Discord:
1. Open the Discord app and sign in.
2. Click on the User Settings cog in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Select the Voice & Video tab from the list of options.
4. Find the Idle section and click on the checkbox next to Enable Idling.
5. Set your desired idle time in the text box below. The maximum idle time is 10 hours.
And that’s it! Now you know how to set your idle time on Discord.
Difference between inactive and idle on discord
Discord has two statuses that can be set: idle and inactive. The difference between the two is that when you are idle, your status will be shown as ‘idle’ to other users, while when you are inactive, your status will be shown as ‘offline.’
If you have the Discord desktop app installed, you can set your status to idle by opening the app and clicking on your profile picture in the top left corner. Then, click ‘Set Status,’ and select ‘Idle.’ You can also set a custom message to appear next to your name if you want.
Inactive is a little different—it’s basically just Discord’s way of saying you’re offline. Your account will appear offline to other users, even if you’re still logged in and using Discord on your computer or phone. In order to appear inactive, you’ll need to log out of your account or close the Discord app entirely.
Some bullets points about the differences between inactive and idle on Discord:
– When you are idle, your status will be shown as ‘idle’ to other users. When you are inactive, your status will be shown as ‘offline.’
– If you have the Discord desktop app installed, you can set your status to idle by opening the app and clicking on your profile picture in the top left corner. Then, click ‘Set Status,’ and select ‘Idle.’
– In order to appear inactive, you’ll need to log out of your account or close the Discord app entirely.
Discord’s ‘idle’ status is a great way to let your friends know that you’re AFK without having to leave the app entirely. By setting your status to ‘idle,’ you can continue to receive notifications and messages from Discord, but it will be clear to others that you’re not available to respond right away. So next time you need to step away from your computer for a bit, make sure to set your Discord status to ‘idle’ so that your friends know you’re still around but not available for a chat.